Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day

I want to take this opportunity to wish all the fathers out there a very special, happy and safe holiday today (and a special shout-out to you single mothers out there who must do double-duty as both mother and father to your children). You are all very important, because you help to determine what the next generation will be like.

On this day I fondly remember my own father -- who was smart enough to teach us respect and affection instead of hate. He also realized that we were not little carbon copies of himself, and gave us the freedom to follow our own dreams. I wish all fathers to have this kind of wisdom, because children are not possessions.

Being a father is not easy. But when it is done right, it can be exceptionally rewarding. 

2 comments:

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.