Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Senator Bentsen

Senator Lloyd Bentsen is dead at the age of 85. I know he was a congressman, Treasury Secretary, Vice-Presidential candidate, etc., but I will always remember him as Senator Bentsen. The title just always seemed to fit him. Bentsen was not like many modern politicians who condemn anyone who doesn't agree with them. The Senator was intelligent, soft-spoken, and dignified [qualities more politicians could use].

I did not always agree with Senator Bentsen, but I always respected him. He was an honest man who did his best for the people of Texas. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.