Thursday, October 26, 2006

Gary Page Is The Best Choice For Distict 24

I haven't talked enough about the race for U.S. Congress in District 24. This district is currently represented by Bush flunky, Kenneth Marchant. Marchant has supported all of Georgie's ridiculous actions, including the invasion of Iraq, and the attempted destruction of social security. It is time to vote this fool out of office.

Fortunately, the voters of District 24 do have a choice this year. Bush's lackey is being opposed this year by Gary Page. Gary understands that a congressman needs to represent all of his constituents, and not just the right-wing whackos. It won't be easy to beat Marchant in this very republican district. But with the public's dissatisfaction with Republican leadership, and Marchant's complete inability to oppose Bush on anything, perhaps there is a chance this year, especially with voter turnout looking like it will be up this year.

Drop by Gary's web site and check him out. I think you'll see that we finally have an alternative in District 24 we can proudly vote for. Reprinted below is a message from Gary Page to the voters of District 24:


Hello, my name is Gary Page and I'm running for Congress in District 24.

I was born in San Antonio Texas into an Air Force family. I grew up around military bases in San Antonio, Taiwan, Germany and Maryland until my father retired in Central Texas. I went to the University of Texas on a Navy scholarship.

It is my intention that I will represent all of the people of District 24 regardless race, faith or party. I believe government should not just represent a majority rule or an established ideology. The Republican party has an agenda and selects candidates supporting that agenda, which implies that citizens are only represented if they subscribe to the ideology or party agenda. I run as a Democrat because I support the principles and values of the Democratic Party.

If elected, I would be obligated to represent and provide access to all of my constituents. My job as Congressman would be to faithfully represent my district in accordance with the Constitution and protect individual rights and privacy. Once in office, I need to accept the reality that I am an American first and a Democrat second.

This needed to be said as I am sick and tired of partisanship replacing patriotism. The needs of the country and the people should always outweigh political posturing and pandering.

1 comment:

  1. Marchant is a joke. I'm so glad Gary is standing up to him. I've met Gary on a few occasions and he really is a great guy and candidate.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.