Sunday, October 29, 2006

New Video Shows Castro Improving

It looks like the rumors of Fidel Castro's death were just wishful thinking by his enemies. The AP is reporting that Castro appeared on Cuban television Saturday, dressed in a red, white and blue track suit, and reading the current edition of Granma [a Cuban newspaper].

The Associated Press said Castro was "looking thin and tired but walking around and ridiculing recent rumors of his death." Chiding those who had said he was dead, Castro said, "They've declared me moribund prematurely. But it pleases me to send my compatriots and friends this small video. I am coming along just as planned...I feel whole. I'm not the least bit afraid of what will occur."

Castro went on to say that he helps those currently running the government as much as possible. He said, "I participate in the most important decisions with my comrades from the leadership of the Party and the government. I do everything possible to support my comrades, and to be useful."

Government officials say they believe Castro will return in December, when a belated birthday celebration is planned for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.