Friday, June 22, 2007

Operation Screwed Elbow Update

I just talked to jobsanger and it looks like the hospital will be releasing him today. I want to thank all of his well wishers for showing him support. When I told him about the love he has been getting from his fellow bloggers, I think that put the first smile on his face since the operation.

Anyways, I have a few minutes to play around, so I'm going to share with you a few jobsanger-isms from yesterday that gave me a good laugh:

"Are you sure I can't just shake it off?" - in response to myself and two others coming to the agreement that a trip to the hospital was called for.

"I'm still not convinced that I need to be here." - in the ER, responding to my description of the baseball-sized lump on his elbow.

"But...it's the only vice I have left!" - response to the nurses who told him he needs to quit smoking.

"Not when y'all leave me alone." - answer to the nurse after she asked him if he was in any pain.

"As long as I don't have to have surgery, I'm happy" - twenty minutes before being told that he had to have surgery.

"Then you can stay." - after finding out that the nurse who just walked into the room had no plans to touch him.

My favorite came when I was walking out of his room a couple of hours before the operation. Right before I got to the door, I turned around and, without thinking, said, "Can I get you any...oh wait. They won't let you."

"Yeah, but when they do, I want some of whatever it is."

5 comments:

  1. Good luck and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jobsanger,

    I wanted to find just the right scripture to lift your spirits. Unfortunately, the word "elbow" is nowhere to be found in the Bible. So this is the best I could do:

    And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.

    Numbers 22:27

    So it was Balaam's anger (not Job's), and he smote the ass (maybe he couldn't tell it from the elbow). But it's the thought that counts, right?

    I guess what I'm trying to say is this: Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all of that jobshumor it seems apparent he didn’t break his funny bone. Here’s wishing him well, a rapid recovery, and quick return to blogging action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I've been kind of out of touch lately, and I am just getting caught up. I was sorry to hear about your accident.

    I wanted to find just the right Texas Blues lyric to lift your spirits. Unfortunately, the word "elbow" is nowhere to be found in the oeuvre of Stevie Ray Vaughn. So this is the best I could do:

    You mix my drink with a can of Red Devil lye
    You mix my drink with a can of Red Devil lye
    Then you sit right down, watchin' me, hopin' I might die
    You better be watchin' me baby, it was not my time
    You better be watchin' me baby, just might be your time


    I guess what I'm trying to say is this: when you fall on your ass and make it through, those you are angry with best be careful-- cuz it ain't your time, yet. Just might be theirs.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.