Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bill Clinton Comes To Amarillo



Bill Clinton came to the heart of one of the reddest areas in Texas yesterday -- the Texas Panhandle. To those who didn't think Clinton could draw a crowd here in Amarillo, I'd have to say you were wrong. When I arrived, the crowd trying to get in snaked down the hall, around the corner, down another hall and doubled back, and then outside the door and around the corner.

Amazingly, they managed to squeeze all those people into the Grand Plaza. Employees at the Civic Center told me there were only 1100 seats, and when I finally got in, I noticed there were at least as many people standing as the ones lucky enough to get seats. There had to be over 2000 people there, and I would say that is a conservative estimate.

Clinton gave a rousing speech as he usually does. He just always seems to be at ease in front of a crowd. There are few politicians that can work a crowd as well as Bill Clinton can, and he was in good form yesterday. I don't know how many votes he got for Hillary, but the crowd got the show they came to see.

Some of you may be wondering why I was at the Clinton speech, since I have already declared my support for Barack Obama. Well, you have to realize that Amarillo, as much as I've grown to like it here, is located very near the ass-end of the universe.

We don't get too many political heavyweights dropping by to see us, and Bill Clinton is definitely a political superstar. I didn't care who he was supporting, it was just nice to be able to see him in person. While I have no doubt there were many supporters of Hillary Clinton there, I think there were also a lot of sight-seers like myself there also.

I appreciate Bill Clinton coming to Amarillo, and I really enjoyed seeing him. However, I will be voting for Barack Obama in the March 4th election, and then again at the precinct convention that night.

P.S. -- I apologize for the poor quality of the picture above. I'm just not much of a photographer.

2 comments:

  1. They moved the seats out. Probably just left enough for disabled and elderly folks. Nice post; we have one up at Panhandle Truth Squad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see Bill in TX:
    -----
    Looks like Hal is at it again spreading rumors and pointing fingers in the TX HD27 race. As most of you remember he's the dem propagandist that has been spinning for Reynolds since late last year. When verified public information came out on their candidate regarding his behavior as a attorney and the concurrent running sanctions by the TX Bar association for issues involving four of his seperate clients Hal (Half-empty) went into high gear from his blog-site and Fort Bend Democratic Club clique.

    They've spent a great deal of time deflecting this and even staged a friendly interview with a even friendly blog waiting to ask the serious questions at the end, which Mr. Reynolds claimed were not his fault but a result of a family members death and a junior partner in his firm. If this interview is true then Reynolds admission to the TX Bar is false. This further raises TRUST issues and they also failed to discuss that one of the clients has a civil suit. If you get a chance to read the complaints you will find that his admissions to the bar were correct and the subsequent interviews and deflection stories should be questioned.

    One of the actions claimed by one of his former clients would even seem criminal if any of us engaged in such activity. Better check the facts before you vote in this one. The cover story is good, but it doesn't run very deep when you scratch below the surface.

    I find it amazing that Hal (half-empty) would try to counter-spin this for so long and point the finger at the incumbent (Olivo) without providing any proof, but this is the political GAMES we have been trapped into. Thanks to this individual poster and his dem club supporters.

    Good luck Dora Olvio, I sure hope Reynolds is defeated and exposed. We don't need these type of power seekers in office. Calling Dora a Craddick dem is like calling Obama a republican. Don't be fooled by this poster (Hal). He is speaking for the Reynolds campaign and has been for sometime. IMO, Hal is the liar!

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.