Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Family Votes


Well, we got it done. Yesterday, my two kids and I went down to the county clerk's office and voted early in the Democratic primary. Of course, we split our votes. I guess that's what I get for raising children to think for themselves. Now they just find it mildly humorous when I try to tell them who they should vote for.

My son and I voted for Barack Obama. My daughter voted for Hillary Clinton. Fortunately, by raising them to think for themselves, both of them turned out to be Democrats. I have no doubt that all three of our votes will go to the eventual Democratic nominee (and new president) this November.

As far as the rest of my ballot went, I also voted for Rick Noriega (US Senate), Dale Henry (Railroad Commission), Susan Criss (Tx Supreme Court) and Baltasar Cruz (Tx Supreme Court). Those were the only other races on the Potter County ballot in which more than one person was running.

If you haven't voted, I urge you to take advantage of the early voting opportunity. You never know what's going to happen on election day. The Republicans in charge of most Texas voting may have struck you off the voter rolls (that happens far too often).

If you vote early and find that has happened, you have time to get it fixed. But if this happens to you on election day, you'll have to use a "provisional ballot". I don't care what assurances you get, provisional ballots don't get counted.

Whoever you plan to vote for, please do vote. Your vote does matter -- even in the presidential race this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.