Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Amendola Hanging Tough With Cowboys


Wide Receiver Danny Amendola was not drafted, but he's not letting that stand in his way. The free agent rookie is catching everything that's thrown his way. It looks like he may be able to beat the odds and actually make the squad as a fifth or sixth receiver.

It looks like an athletic shoe company thinks the chances are good. Under Armour has given Amendola his own shoe contract, and he was sporting a new pair of their shoes at practice yesterday. The company outfits Amendola's alma mater, Texas Tech University.

The Cowboys play their first pre-season game Saturday night. I hope I can find the game on TV somewhere up here in the Panhandle. I know it's the opening day of Olympic competition, but I'm a Cowboys "homer" and I want to see Amendola making some great catches in a Cowboys uniform. I don't care if it is a meaningless pre-season game.

By the way, tonight the HBO show Hard Knocks starts. They are covering the Cowboys camp this year.

1 comment:

  1. you can catch the game on the NFL network

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.