Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Good Quote

Forgive me for getting a little schmaltzy today, but I was listening to National Public Radio and heard a quote that I just had to pass on. The NPR reporter was talking to an African-American gentlemen about the election this year, and the gentleman said the following:

"Rosa sat so Martin could walk.
Martin walked so Barack could run.
Barack is running so our children can fly."

I know the gentleman was talking about African-American children in the quote, but after thinking about it I think it could refer to children of all colors and ethnicities. Obama is running to be president of the entire country. I don't think he sees things in terms of black and white, like many Americans who are trying to live in the past.

I really think Barack Obama would like to build an America where all children can "fly".

1 comment:

  1. What a great quote. Sincerely spoken.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.