Friday, May 08, 2009

Bob Dylan Is Still #1

I'm a huge fan of singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, but I'm an older guy. There are some who say the 67 year-old's (he will turn 68 on May 24th) time has passed, and he is little more than an anachronism in the current age of Hip-Hop. I believe he just proved them wrong.

Dylan just released a new album titled Together Through Life. In the first week of its release in the United States, the album has sold more than 125,000 copies. It is the number one album on the charts, and that is not just in this country.

The album is also number one in the United Kingdom, Austria and Denmark. It is in the top five in Australia, Germany, Ireland, Holland, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden and New Zealand. It looks like Dylan still has many fans all over the world.

I haven't bought my copy of the new album yet, but I certainly plan to do so (if they don't sell out before I can get my butt down to the music store). It's good to see an older guy can still wow the public!

NOTE -- Last year, Dylan was honored with a Pulitzer Prize Special Citation for his "profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power."

2 comments:

  1. Ok, you got me.
    I was going to say record store, but then I realized there aren't any records anymore. So I opted for the generic term "music store".
    Gimme a break - I'm an old guy stuck in the past.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.