Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Project Runway" Is Finally Back !


A few years ago, I watched an episode of Project Runway, because it was one of those nights when there didn't seem to be anything worth watching on television. I expected to get some kicks out of making fun of the show, and then never watch it again. Instead, I became addicted to the show after only one episode, and I have enjoyed every episode of the first five years.

This year there was a delay before the sixth season could be aired. That was because of a legal disagreement between Bravo channel (where the first five seasons were aired) and Lifetime network (where this season will air). But the fight is finally over, and the new season will start tonight on Lifetime.

The show features 16 up and coming clothing designers who are competing for the right to put on a show at New York's Fashion Week, and enough money to start their own line of clothing. Each week, one designer is eliminated from the show.

Fortunately, all four of the show's stars have returned for season six. That's good, because the show wouldn't be as good if it was missing any of the four. They are host Heidi Klum, mentor and all-around great guy Tim Gunn, and design judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia (all pictured above).

If you have nothing else to do tonight, give Project Runway a try. It is much better than my description of it.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Thats totally how it started for me! I actually dont remember the first few seasons because I never chose to watch it and then one day I watched it with a friend and I was hooked! That is all it takes!The Premiere last night was super awesome! L.A and FIDM were super cool!!! All these people were worried. I wasnt being fron L.A myself! I had my own Premiere party at home with friends! LOL I was thinking of applying to FIDM next fall! too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only takes one episode and you're hooked. It's more addictive than drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! I would've never pegged you for a Project Runway fan.

    I'm a casual fan. By that, I mean that my wife watches and I catch some scenes when I'm walking to and from the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my "guilty pleasure", KR.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.