Friday, January 29, 2010

"Snowed In" In Amarillo !


This is what the good folks of Amarillo are currently having to put up with. The top picture is right outside my front door. The bottom picture is our parking lot. The pictures were taken about 5pm on 1/28/10. It was still snowing heavily, and the weathermen are telling us it won't end for another 12 to 14 hours. Prediction is for 12 to 16 inches of snow!

I know that doesn't sound like much to you folks that live up north, but I'm a Texan and I grew up in a lower and hotter part of Texas. A place where it only snows about every five or six years, and then it's only two or three inches. Frankly, I don't know how to deal with more than a foot of snow! I know one thing though -- I won't be going anywhere for a couple of days.

My daughter says it's Judgement Day. I'm not so sure she's wrong.

2 comments:

  1. my friend moved there this spring from virginia..she was so impressed with how cool and pretty it was..i kept saying...just wait ..just wait..now she knows what im talking about..ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have some nice summers up here, but we pay for it sometimes in winter.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.