Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More Support For Kinky


As you may know, I am supporting Kinky Friedman in his campaign for the nomination for Agriculture Commissioner in the Democratic primary. I was beginning to feel a little lonely, like I was out on a limb all by myself, because most Texas progressive bloggers are supporting Kinky's opponent -- East Texas farmer Hank Gilbert.

But a couple of days ago, I got a little help. And it comes from one of the best progressive political bloggers in Texas -- Juanita Jean (owner of The World's Most Dangerous Beauty Salon, Inc.). Juanita claims she's not a blogger because blogs are too trendy for her. She calls her web site "a professional political organization". But whatever you call her, she's a smart, incisive and very funny lady.

And she's supporting Kinky Friedman for Agriculture Commissioner. Here's some of what Juanita Jean has to say about her endorsement of Kinky:

"I'm supporting Kinky Friedman for Agriculture Commissioner of the Great State of Texas and I don't give a big bear's butt who knows it."

"I like Hank Gilbert. I do. But, I do not want to sit around for the next eight months waiting for the next femur bone to drop out of his closet. It's probably a good thing he spent campaign funds on clothing because that might trap the skeltons."

"I know that Kinky Friedman ain't much to be proud of. Heck, you couldn't clean him up with steel wool. However, I do agree with Jim Hightower that Kinky brings about 7 turnout percentage points to the table that Hank can't touch -- even with a cattle prod."

"Boring government would not be a horrible thing. But boring campaigns do not get voters to the polls. You can say a whole lot of things about Kinky Friedman, but boring ain't one of them."

"I know you can find me a truck load of perfectly degrading things that Kinky has said about women or minorities or redheads or Mexicans or post hole diggers. Hell, he's offended everybody. He's a comic. That's what he does."

"And when you get to the bottom of this well, the truth is that Kinky has the advice of the best damn ag commissioner this state has ever seen in Jim Hightower. I imagine Jim has Kinky's ear, and if he doesn't, he'll have his butt."

Thanks for the support Juanita Jean. And if you need it, I've got your back on this one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my ....thank you for turning me on to Juanita Jean's...she's a woman after my own heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's great isn't she? I wish I could write with as much charm and humor as she does.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.