Sunday, September 19, 2010

Susan Boyle Achieves Another Honor



Back in April of 2009, an unknown amateur singer named Susan Boyle appeared on a television talent show in Great Britain.   She became world famous overnight as the video of her appearance (singing "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables) went viral on the internet.   In November of that year she released her first CD and it sold over 9 million copies worldwide.

The Scottish singing phenom now has another claim to fame.   A couple of days ago it was announced that she is in the Guinness Book of World Records.   She has three entries in the famous book of records.   Her records are for:

- having the fastest selling album by a U.K. female

- having the largest first week sales of a U.K. debut album (411,820)

- being the oldest person to reach number one with a debut album (48 y.o.)

Ms. Boyle called it a "real honour" to be in the famous record book.   She said,   "I used to read this book as a wee girl.   I never dreamt that one day I would actually appear in the Guinness Book of Records."

I am happy for Ms. Boyle.   It's good to see a nice person like her make it big.

3 comments:

  1. Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    This post was interesting, how long did it take you to write?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.