Friday, November 12, 2010

First Snow Of The Year

This is the scene I woke up to this morning here in Amarillo.   We got about 2 inches of snow -- our first snow of the year (and there will probably be several more to follow).   Amarillo is in the Panhandle of Texas.   It is both further north than other parts of Texas and rests at a higher elevation.   Because of that, we had a rather mild summer while the rest of Texas was sweltering in 100 degree temps.   But it looks like the good times are over, and now we begin to pay for that mild summer!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty wet snow. I don't think most people realize the difference between the Panhandle and the rst of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First snows are always the prettiest.

    Here in Louisville KY today it was 76. One more degree and it would have been the warmest in recorded history here on this date. I could live with no snow all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was indeed a very wet snow. And you're right about the Panhandle being different (at least weatherwise) from the rest of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind the cold, but I agree with you Charlene that I could do without the snow. But that's a rather vain hope here I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.