Sunday, June 03, 2012

Rachel Asks For Your Texas Delegate Vote



Dear Texas Democratic Delegates and Friends:

An exciting State Democratic Convention is on the horizon next week. One of the most important things that will happen is when the Delegates elect the next State Party Chair on June 9 at the Convention. I’m Rachel Barrios-Van Os and I enthusiastically offer to serve you as your next State Chair. It’s time that we change things around and start winning again statewide. With your help, I will be a part of the change that we so desperately need. If we work together, we can all make those changes to ensure victory for all Texans.

It has been 18 long years since a Democrat won a statewide election in Texas, that’s way too long, and I’m tired of it! As your next State Party Chair, I promise I will work for this Party and for each and every Democrat in Texas to start winning again. There are great challenges ahead for us but I will not let anyone discourage us from standing and fighting for what we believe in. There is no challenge for us to fear and there is nothing that can hold us back. There is no limit to the great things we can do if we have the right determination.
We must bring that great determination back to this Party again. Sometimes in life we never realizethe greatness that each of us has within us because too many people try to hold us back and too many people will try to tell us these great things are not possible. We must not listen to the naysayers because this is our time to get up and fight and we must not let anyone hold us back anymore. No more, ya basta!!! It’s time to win!

Every County and every city and town including all rural communities in Texas are important in the political process and we must leave no one out. I am the only candidate in this race for Party Chair who has traveled to every county in Texas. When I managed my husband David Van Os’ campaign for Texas Attorney General in 2006, David and I personally traveled to all 254 counties in Texas to meet people in every part of our great State. I met people who were yearning for democracy and who felt like there was no one there for them.
They told me many times that it was one of the reasons they stopped voting and so we must change that. We must let the citizens know that the Democratic Party will be there fighting for all citizens of this great state in every part of the state. It’s time to win! 

I will make sure that all voters know they have a Party that will represent them no matter what part of the state they live in or come from. When I campaigned for the Democratic Party across Texas, the voters were grateful to see a Statewide Candidate come to their town and talk to them about taking back our government from the greedy Republican stranglehold. People are thirsty for change and I promise when elected, I will bring back a winning strategy to take back our State again and bring the change that the people so desperately want and need. It’s time to win! 

We must build and enlarge our candidate pool to ensure that no Republican gets a free ride. We must challenge every Republican in every seat both small and large. No Republican is too big for us. It’s time to win! 

We must support each and every Democratic candidate from the bottom up and across the State and we cannot leave any candidate behind. We will support, embrace and promote each candidate who decides to run and we will not discourage anyone from seeking office because it is his or her democratic right to do so. We need to welcome all citizens who want to run and who want to stand up for the things they believe in. Every Democratic candidate in every district is important and every voter is important. It’s time to win!

Our target will be the whole state of Texas, and we will take this state back. I’m taking my Texas back from the greedy hands of the Republican elite. This is our Texas, the Lone Star State and we are proud but we can be even more proud when we win the state again. The people of Texas will rise again, I guarantee it.
It’s time to win!

Of, By and For the People,
I am, Rachel Barrios-Van Os

*And I approve this message
My website address: http://the2012convention.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.