Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fox News Flunks Geography

I have to thank my friend and fellow Texas blogger Neil, over at Texas Liberal, for the picture above. It is a screenshot of the graphic put up by Fox News yesterday, as they reported the story of the bomb threats phoned in at the University of Texas. Their graphic shows seven states -- and they have wrongly identified three of them (meaning they correctly identified only 57% of the states shown).

I know that far too many students coming out of our educational system would probably be just as bad at identifying states in our own country, but I would have thought that a national news(?) organization would go out of their way to avoid hiring any of those people. Evidently not.

I knew that Fox News didn't have much respect for truth in news reporting. Now it seems that they show the same disregard for geography. I guess I should just be thankful that they got my own state of Texas right

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.