Friday, September 21, 2012

President's Re-Election Chances Look Good

As regular readers of this blog will know, I like polls (most of us political junkies do) and I post a lot about them. I fully realize that even the best polls are just educated guesses, but they can give us a good clue as to where the electorate stands at a moment in time. One of the polls that I respect the most is the Pew Research Center. I believe they are truly bipartisan and take their job very seriously. And their last survey shows us the president is currently in a very good position. There's still approximately a month and a half to go until election day (less for early voters), but the Republican nominee has a mountain to climb to beat the president. I won't say any more, but just show you the following pictures from the latest Pew survey. Make of them what you will.





2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Ted, but in my opinion you should not trust polls in your country further than you can throw them. One of Obama's main problems this time around, and I have read it in several places, is that black Americans are not going to vote for him in anywhere near the numbers they did last time - and that is not being picked up by the polls:

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/why_romney_is_going_to_romp_over_obama_in_november.html

    I said it after the 2010 Congressional vote that Obama is dead man walking almost irrespective of whoever stands against him. I stick by it now. (However, I should add, as a crumb of comfort, that my forecasting skills are crap!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we'll see on November 6th. It helps that your candidate seems intent on killing his own campaign.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.