Sunday, April 28, 2013

Killing For God ?

This is one thing I have never understood about religion. Almost all religious people claim to believe in a loving god -- but they are willing to kill people (especially those who believe in a different religion) in that god's name. Is this what a truly loving god would want? Or is it just what those people want, and they are hiding behind religion to accomplish it? I think the latter is much more likely -- and probably why humans invented religion in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up Catholic and one of the first things I was taught was that "only Catholics were going to heaven". That meant that my Jewish, Buddhist, and even my Protestant friends would not have access to heaven. That is why I am non-religious. I think hatred and rancor begin in childhood with statements such as this. Today, it seems as if the latest battle is between Christianity and everything else. Christianity is battling not only other religions but non-religions, LGBT, foreign countries, etc. They need recruits to continue the battle and they need to KILL their competition. The battle is all about power and control.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.