Sunday, June 02, 2013

George Carlin On Religion

This is a good analogy. I don't care what kind of shoes you choose to wear (sandals, boots, wingtips, loafers, moccasins, etc.). Just don't make me wear your shoes -- or even demand that I wear the same kind of shoes that you do. And the same is true for religion. Belief (or non-belief) in a religion is a personal matter -- and you don't have the right to demand that I accept your religion or beliefs. And the reason you don't have that right is because the Constitution guarantees each of us religious freedom (which includes the right to be free from religion).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.