Friday, February 28, 2014

Kinky Asks For Your Vote

Dear Fellow Texan,

I’m not usually one to keep things brief, but I know you’re busy and already getting too many political emails. So I’m going to keep this short. 


I understand that I’m not a typical politician, and quite frankly, I don’t want to be. Typical politicians have had their chance and they haven’t gotten it done. Texas has had too many do-nothing Republicans lead us to the middle of nowhere, and we all deserve better.
The time for excuses has long past, and sitting on your rear, hoping for something to change makes about as much sense as jumping into a lake and hoping you won’t get wet. If you want change, then the only solution is to vote. My platform offers new ideas to move Texas forward. I’m talking about real solutions to funding education, lowering property taxes, conserving water, and so much more. But those things won’t happen if you don’t vote in this Primary Election.

Yours in Texas,
Kinky Friedman

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've been a fan since the early 1970's (after buying his album "Sold American").

      Delete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.