Thursday, April 30, 2015

Would You Attend A Same-Sex Wedding, If Invited ?


Would you attend a same-sex wedding. It's a valid question, because our society is changing fast and there's a good chance that you will have to make that decision one of these days -- since everyone has family members or friends that are members of the LGBT community (whether you know it or not).

The choice is an easy one for me, because I believe in equal rights for ALL Americans -- and I would never be disrespectful toward my family or friends. And it turns out that an overwhelming majority of Americans agree with me. Note in the chart above that 68% (nearly 7 out of every 10 people) say they would attend a same-sex wedding if invited -- and that includes 56% of Republicans, 70% of Independents, and 80% of Democrats.

This is from a new Reuters / Ipsos Poll -- done between April 23rd and 27th of a random national sample of 1,752 adults, with a margin of error of 2.7 points.

1 comment:

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.