Friday, May 01, 2015

Cowboy's First Pick Is Cornerback Byron Jones (UConn)

I normally stick to blogging about politics and economics on this blog, but a few times each year I will talk about something else -- and these few days at the end of April and fist of May are one of the exceptions. That's because I am a die-hard fan of the Dallas Cowboys -- and I love the NFL draft. These draft days let the fans of all the league's teams do a little dreaming.

Thanks to a pretty good season last year, the Cowboys had the 27th pick in the first round of this year's draft. The player they selected was a 6'1" 199 lb. cornerback from the University of Connecticut --Byron Jones (pictured below). I'm pretty happy with the pick. Cornerback was a real position of need for the Cowboys, and his size will help help play against the taller receivers in the league.

Tomorrow the Cowboys have the 28th pick in the second round (60th overall pick), and the 27th pick in the third round (the 91st overall pick). Personally, I'd like to see them pick a couple of defensive lineman -- a tackle and a rushing end.

(This photo of Byron Jones is from cbs.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.