Friday, July 03, 2015

First Same-Sex Marriage License Issued In Amarillo

Yesterday, I informed you that Amarillo clerks (Julie Smith of Potter County and Renee Calhoun of Randall County) had loaded the new marriage license forms in their computer, and were ready to follow the Supreme Court decision and issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Now the ice has been broken.

On Wednesday afternoon at about 12:30pm, Potter County issued the first same-sex license. The recipients (pictured) were Jimmy Healy (47) and David Miller (55). The couple said they were surprised that they were the first, figuring some others had already done it. They have been a couple for about six years.

I congratulate the happy couple -- and I hope they have a long and very happy marriage.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for letting me know...good news...happy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now I have to get divorced again?! Thanks a lot, fellas!

    In these matters, I always come back to Borat's idea of Jews with horns. I'm not sure what's in the fevered imaginations of homophobes, but I don't see how they can miss the fact that same-sex marriage is really, well, ordinary. I do look forward to the future when everyone looks back and wonders what the fuss was all about.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.