Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hillary Clinton Is Trusted The Most To Handle Terrorist Threat


I thought this chart was interesting. It was made from information in the new ABC News / Washington Post Poll -- done between November 16th and 19th of a random national sample of 1,004 adults, with a margin of error of 3.5 points.

The Republicans have tried very hard to scare Americans about terrorism (and have been successful in convincing a majority that we shouldn't accept muslim refugees into this country). They think this is an issue that favors them -- but that might not be true.

Note that the public trusts Hillary Clinton to handle the threat of terrorism over any of the five leading GOP candidates. And strangely enough, the candidate that comes the closest to Clinton is the one with the least chance of getting the Republican nomination -- Jeb Bush.

2 comments:

  1. This is something I've been thinking about a lot. As long as the economy continues to improve, the Democrats win the presidency in 2016 -- all else equal. But if the Republicans changed the election and made it about national security, they could win. But this made me think maybe Clinton would be the best candidate for that anyway. And even if the economy tanked, then she could make the election about national security and potentially win. I realize this is rather rosy coming from me. But I have to admit: Hillary Clinton is looking to be an amazingly tough opponent regardless who runs against her. I know the Republicans, when they are all by themselves talk about how she was the worse Secretary of State in the history of the nation. But I don't think that's the way the American people remember it.

    I'm going out of town for the holidays. (Frankly Curious will grind on as always -- I've written up through Saturday at this point.) If I don't comment to you, have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Frank. I hope you have a great holiday also.

      Delete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.