Thursday, June 23, 2016

Even Republicans Say GOP Leaders Are Doing A Poor Job



Yesterday I posted about my belief that control of the Senate, and maybe even the House of Representatives, could be flipped in the coming November election. To back up my premise, I used the contents of a CNN / ORC Poll showing that Democrats are viewed more favorably than Republicans. Now there is another poll showing the GOP could be in trouble.

It is a new Rasmussen Poll -- done between June 16th and 19th of a random national sample of 1,000 likely voters, with a 3 point margin of error. It shows that the current leadership of the Republican Party has lost touch with their base voters, including 73% of Republicans (and almost equal amounts of Independents and all voters).

It also shows that most Democrats think their leaders are doing a good job -- and 17 points less Independents and 22 points less of all voters think Democratic leaders have lost touch.

If I was a Republican official, especially one in a swing district or state, this poll (and many others) would scare the hell out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.