Saturday, June 18, 2016

Secular And Cannabis Caucuses Very Popular At Convention



The photos above are from the first two Democratic convention caucuses I attended on Friday. The top picture is from the secular caucus. About 275 people showed up for that. The second picture is from the cannabis caucus. That one had a turnout of at least 500 delegates.

Those are some very nice numbers -- considering it was the first time the state convention had scheduled a caucus on either subject, and there were numerous other caucuses scheduled at the same time. I'm proud of both caucuses, and would gave to say that their first foray into holding their own caucus was a huge success.

----------------------------------------------------

The third caucus I attended on Friday was the caucus of my senate district -- Senate District #31. I was elected by caucus members to serve on the permanent Convention Credentials Committee (and I thoroughly enjoyed fulfilling those duties).

Our senate district also elected two members of the State Democratic Executive Committee (SDEC). They are Suzanne Gentry (from the Midland/Odessa area) and Mike Purcell (from Amarillo). Both are popular and hard-working Democrats, and were overwhelmingly elected by the SD 31 caucus.

NOTE -- I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures. I am not much of a photographer, and I only had my I-Pad with me instead of my camera.



1 comment:

  1. I was at the secular caucus and let me tell you it was amazing, there were some good speakers, good questions, we had support from our Muslim and Christian brothers and sisters for separation of church and state, a mix of HRC and Bernie supporters, it was standing room only after a bit! As a Democratic Delegate I am so proud to have been involved, the next step is to be recognized as an "official" caucus like the LGBTQ, Jewish, and Muslim caucus', so that representatives can go to the National Convention.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.