Thursday, February 02, 2017

The Public Doesn't Want To Pay For Trump's Silly Wall

Donald Trump has promised his supporters that he will build a wall on our Southern border. He has further promised that Mexico will pay for the wall -- even though he hasn't revealed how he's going to make Mexico do that (and Mexican leaders have declared they will not pay for it).

Most Americans just aren't buying Trump's claims. A substantial majority of 58% believe building the wall will increase the already large national debt -- and that belief cuts across both genders and all age groups.

Furthermore, the public doesn't want to build the wall if the U.S. is going to have to pay for it. About 42% don't want to build the wall regardless of who pays for it, and another 16% don't want it if Mexico doesn't pay for it. That's a combined total of 58%.

Trump has painted himself in a corner with his ludicrous promise to build the wall -- and he will probably try to go through with it. But it will be on the backs of the American taxpayers, and they won't like that. Once again, Trump is going against the wishes of the American public.

The charts above are made from information in a new Politico / Morning Consult Poll -- done between January 26th and 28th of a random national sample of 1,991 voters, with a margin of error of 2 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.