Friday, April 27, 2018

Bill Cosby Is Found Guilty Of Sexual Assault

(This photo of Bill Cosby arriving for court on Wednesday is from NBC News.)

Bill Cosby has been found guilty of three counts of sexual assault in Morristown, Pennsylvania. I have to admit I am slightly shocked at the verdict. Far too often in this country celebrities are allowed to get off on offenses that others would be convicted on.

While I believe the verdict was the correct one, it does sadden me somewhat. For most of the years of my life, I had loved and respected Bill Cosby -- only to find in my senior years that he was a degenerate. It just goes to show that we never really know what the celebrities we know are really like.

There is a maximum sentence of 10 years on each count. I doubt Cosby will receive the maximum of a possible 30 years, but I do think he needs to be sent to prison. Probation would not be appropriate.

QUESTION -- Donald Trump has done things equally bad (and I believe probably even worse). When will he get his turn in court?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.