Monday, June 25, 2018

Secular Caucus Had Another Overflowing Crowd At The Texas Democratic Party State Convention


The picture above is from an excellent article in The Texas Observer by David R. Brockman. It shows the crowd gathering for the Secular Caucus at the Texas Democratic Party Convention. The crowd grew even larger than this, and by the time it started, there were people lining the walls and standing just outside the door. It was a GREAT turnout -- just like two years ago at the initial Secular Caucus.

Guess how many states have a secular caucus at their state convention (of either party)? The answer is one -- Texas! That makes me very proud of my state and my party. The secular movement is growing in all 50 states, but the Texas Democratic Party has welcomed secular voters (humanists, agnostics, atheists, and others) into their party.

NOTE -- As some of you may have realized, the old guy in the blue shirt down front is me. And sadly, the photo looks just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.