Thursday, July 26, 2018

Trump Is Terrified Of Running Against Joe Biden In 2020

(This caricature of the Democratic donkey is by the inimitable DonkeyHotey.)

I have been accused by a Bernie-lover of already being on Joe Biden's 2020 bandwagon. It's not true. While I do think Biden would be a good candidate for Democrats, I also think there are many others that would make strong candidates, and that I could easily support (like Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Kristen Gillibrand, Tammy Duckworth, etc.).

I do have an early favorite -- Caroline Kennedy. But she doesn't seem to have any interest in running, so I'm going to see how things shake out in the next year and make my choice late in 2019 or early in 2020. A lot can happen before Democrats need to choose someone.

But Joe Biden does have one thing in his favor -- Donald Trump is terrified of running against him. Consider this from Axios.com:

Advisers to President Trump say Joe Biden is the Democrat he most fears running against. . . .

Trump’s calculation is based partly on how weak he sees other Democratic possibilities, including Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren, and partly on who’s capable of appealing to his base of working class whites. . . .

Trump advisers say Biden, like the president, conveys authenticity, is comfortable in his own skin, can work a crowd, and relishes throwing and returning punches. . . .

Trump told "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor just after the Singapore summit: "I dream about Biden. That's a dream. ... I'd love to have it be Biden." What Trump meant was "wouldn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.