Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Democratic Field Grows To 20 As Rep. Moulton Declares

The field of Democratic candidates for the 2020 presidential nomination grew to 20 on Monday. But it wasn't Joe Biden (who is expected to enter the race this week) that made it 20.

It was Rep. Seth Moulton (D- Massachusetts). Moulton, a former Marine, will make national security, foreign policy, gun control, and climate change his main themes. In declaring, he said:

"I'm running because I'm a patriot. Because I believe in this country. And because I've never wanted to sit on the sidelines when it comes to serving it. I'm going talk about patriotism, about security, about service. These are issues Democrats too long have ceded to Republicans."

“Decades of division and corruption have broken our democracy and robbed Americans of their voice. It's all led to an administration that's turned away from our values and is shredding our moral authority.”

"I'm running because we have to beat Donald Trump, and I want us to beat Donald Trump because I love this country. We've never been a country that gets everything right. But we're a country that, at our best, thinks that we might. I'd be honored if you joined me in this mission."

Here are the 20 candidates running for the Democratic presidential nomination:

* Kamala Harris

* Elizabeth Warren

* Beto O'Rourke

* Julian Castro

* Pete Buttigieg

* Amy Klobuchar

* Jay Inslee

* John Hickenlooper

* Andrew Yang

* Cory Booker

* Michael Bennet

* John Delaney

* Tim Ryan

* Kirsten Gillibrand

* Wayne Messam

* Maryanne Williamson

* Eric Swalwell

* Tulsi Gabbard

* Bernie Sanders

* Seth Moulton

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.