Friday, March 17, 2006

Leave me alone!

Happy Drunken Irish Day

Now that I got that out of the way, I have a bone to pick. Apparently, I have a stalker. To be more honest, I have a COMMITTEE of stalkers.

Let me start at the beginning. At the age of twelve, my father took me to the Texas Domocratic Convention (he was a delegate) to see the wonderful Ann Richards speak. The experience as a whole was greatly impressive. I declared to my dad that day that as soon as I was of age, I myself would be a delegate for the Dems. Sure enough, time flew, and I found myself at the 2000 Texas Dem Convention representing district 10. Things had changed drastically since my childhood. It didn't take me long to figure out that I was too liberal for the so called "Texas left-wing." I left disillusioned and party-less. Voting for the Dems is something I have yet to do.

That being said, today I received my 5th survey from the DNC. The last one I got was yesterday. Apparently they consider me to be a local Democratic party leader. This tells me that they don't even bother to read their mail, because I have sent every single one back (with them paying the postage, of course) letting them know exactly where I stand with them.

The best thing: they give me only 72 hours to respond. They feel that I should stick to their timetable! Ha!

Damn it! Save a fucking tree already and leave me alone! Either that, or become a left-wing party again, because until that happens, trees will die and postage will be wasted on feeble attempts to bring me back to a party I never really belonged to in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.