Thursday, April 13, 2006

Congrats!

Congratulations, my fellow Texans! We are #1 on yet another list. We are now the single largest source for greenhouse gases in the country!

Aren't you proud?

According to the EPA, Texas power plants pumped more than 255 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere last year. This is a rise of more than 7 million tons since 2004.

California, Mississippi, Arkansas, Illinois, and Utah all managed to lower their carbon dioxide emissions, though. It seems that the citizens of those states actually like to breathe clean air.

What are we going to do, you ask, to ensure that future generations of Texans will be able to breathe without needing an oxygen tank? We're going to crack down on those evil cigarette smokers.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a brick wall to bang my head against. Repeatedly.

7 comments:

  1. What is the source of this - Google isn't helping now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little bit of news came to me from the business section of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram yesterday, April 13th.

    I would link you but I'm not quite that computer friendly yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To make a link, use :

    <a="link address of site">visible text of link</a#62;

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops...that last part should jusr be </a <

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright, lets try this.

    visible text of link

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn! Thanks for trying, cul, but my small mind obviously didn't grasp the info you gave me. I do sincerely appreciate the effort, though.

    gary, until I do figure it out, you can find the article by entering "carbon dioxide emissions" in the search box on the Star-Telegram website.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.