Saturday, July 08, 2006

Car Hits Crowd - Misses Lamont

Ned Lamont, candidate for U.S. Senate in the upcoming Democratic primary in Connecticut, was doing a little politikin' in New London, when a car came careening through the Summer Festival crowd. Lamont was not injured, but three of his staffers were, along with 24 other people. The incident happened about 3:30pm, when 89 year old Robert Laine hit a pedestrian, then panicked and accelerated through the crowd. Fortunately, the car was only going about 15 miles an hour when it hit the people. All of the injured were expected to be released from the hospital by tonight. Police are still interviewing witnesses and collecting evidence, but it looks like an accident right now.

I'm so ashamed of myself. I must admit that when I read Lamont was in the crowd, I instantly thought of DINO Joe. Guess I owe myself a few lashes with the proverbial wet noodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.