Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Sentence Is Now Known

On 8/8/2006, the judge in the 396th District Court in Tarrant county, sentenced Eddie Jefferys to 75 years in the Texas prison system. He will be eligible for parole when he is 72 years old. As many of you probably know, this is the Aryan Brotherhood criminal who shot me in the abdomen and stole my car, then threatened another person with a gun and stole their car. He was found guilty of two counts of AGGRAVATED ROBBERY WITH A DEADLY WEAPON.

If you are unfamiliar with the story, you can read about it at the following links:

Remembering The Day I Was Shot

Remembering The Day My Dad Was Shot

No Longer A Victim

Finally, this is now over. It happened on 9/19/2005, and has dragged on for over 10 months. I would like to thank the Tarrant County District Attorney's office for their excellent work, especially Mr. Nichols and Ms. Tourje. They did a wonderful job.

2 comments:

  1. That's great to hear!!

    Sounds like the system worked the way it's supposed to.

    What do you think about it...was justice served?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no complaints. This guy is far too dangerous to walk our streets.

    However, I was a little surprised by the 75 year sentence. I was expecting a sentence in the 20-30 year range.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.