Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lieberman Says Call Me A Democrat

The Republican-voting Independent senate candidate who beat the Democrat in Connecticut, Joe Lieberman, now wants to be called a Democrat. Why? He has shown his contempt for Democrats by:

> his continued support of Bush's position on the war in Iraq,

> his frequent support of Republican bills and positions,

> his failure to accept the decision of Connecticut Democrats in their state primary,

> his defeat of a properly-nominated Democratic candidate with mostly Republican voters.

I can understand the Democrats including him in their caucus [even though I don't like it]. After all, he and fellow Independent Bernie Sanders are the votes that give the Democrats a majority in the Senate. I can even understand letting him have a committee chairmanship [although I don't like that either]. But he wants more. He wants to be called a Democrat.

I just don't think I'll be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.