Wednesday, May 16, 2007

We're Banned In China!

According to this site, jobsanger has been blocked from Chinese readers. I found this link at Shakesville in a post written by litbrit, who found out both of her blogs have been censored there due to her wonderful coverage of the melamine spiked food that we have been receiving from China.

Of course, I couldn't resist seeing if this site is blocked. I entered in our url, sure that it would go through, only to be told a couple of minutes later that we are one of the many sites that have been blocked. I was obviously a bit surprised by that. We haven't made it a big goal here to do much coverage on China. In fact, the only post I remember at this blog that had anything to do with China was this one written by myself last January about China passing a law which basically bans shopkeepers from being sarcastic to or acting impatiently around their customers. I can't imagine that rinky little post would get us banned, but now I wonder.

Just the same I'm almost proud. I don't support censorship and never will, but if people are going to ban everyone who says something they don't like, add me to the list.

Speaking of lists, I want to be on the Phelps clan picket list. That would be my shining moment!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip!

    I'm banned too...should we start a club or something?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us too!

    And I thought we were good communists.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.