Friday, June 06, 2008

Bloggers Caucus Was A Huge Success !


The Texas Progressive Alliance hosted their third Blogger's Caucus last night at the Cedar Door in downtown Austin. If everyone else had as good a time as I did (and I think they did), then it was once again a huge success.

It's called the Blogger's Caucus, but let's be honest -- it's just a huge party where bloggers and politicians meet in a laid-back atmosphere, do a little drinking and swap stories. If there's a better party at the State Democratic Convention, I certainly haven't found it.

I was honored to meet some of the best bloggers in the state. I regularly read these blogs, and it was nice to be able to finally put a face to the blogger names. My daughter took lots of pictures, and I will be posting many of them over the coming days and weeks.

Some of the blogs represented at the party -- Capitol Annex, McBlogger, Refinish 69, Panhandle Truth Squad, Bay Area Houston, Off The Kuff, Freida Bee, The Jade Gate, Boadicea, Texas Kaos, Whosplayin', musings, Mark of the Beast, Burnt Orange Report, Lubbock Left, and a couple of diarists from Daily Kos.

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some blogs, and I apologize for it. But old Jobsanger got a wee bit tipsy -- OK, I was drunk. I'm sure I'll need a bottle of Ibuprofen to start the convention tomorrow. I knew it was time to leave when I heard my daughter threatening to "dry hump" State Rep. Lon Burnam (she got a bit drunk herself).

Suffice it to say, it was a great party. If you didn't make it this time, then I urge you not to miss the next one at the 2010 convention.

3 comments:

  1. It was a delight to meet you!
    I had a fantastic time, and didn't get too tipsy.

    Thanks to the hosts and to everybody who came out to party with us lowly blogger-types!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fantastic party.

    Great to meet you and CC last night.

    Bloggers Rule!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have made it down there. Sounds like you had fun. And so did your daughter. :-)

    I got the invite you sent, but unfortunately I'm having to watch my finances right now because I lost my job recently. I'll definitely have to make it down for the 2010 convention.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.