Friday, June 06, 2008

Democratic Convention


Well, the convention is starting this morning. I thought I would get there early, but evidently my idea of early is not early enough. I arrived within a couple of blocks of the Convention Center at 7:00am. It took me 50 minutes to travel the two blocks to the parking garage. I was lucky to get in there even after the wait. The declared the garage full and closed the gate after the car behind me got in.

So I actually got to the Convention Center about 8:00am. But then I got lost trying to find the press room and get my credentials. The person who designed that building would be great at building a maze, because that's what I felt like I was in.

But everything is fine now, as I am writing this from the press room in the Convention Center. As of now, it doesn't look like either Obama or Clinton will make it here to speak. The Clinton campaign is sending Chelsea Clinton to speak to the convention tonight. Obama is also sending a surrogate.

There is one interesting thing happening. It was looking like Boyd Richie was a shoo-in to be re-elected as party chairman. But yesterday, David Van Os announced that he is a candidate for the job. Van Os is very popular among Texas Progressives, so that could turn out to be a real race. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.