Sunday, March 19, 2006

He drank, but he didn't swallow

Thanks to a certain independant, politics in Texas has finally gotten fun. Being owned by the Republicans, the going ons at the Capitol in Austin haven't been worth paying attention to (remember redistricting?). Instead, its been my source of depression.

Kinky has changed all of that though. Known throughout Texas for many years for his music, books, and his friendship with the great Willie, he is now attempting to add politics to his resume. I open-heartedly accept this move. We need some shaking up around here, and I trust that he will do just that.

I don't agree with everything Kinky has to say, but he hits a lot closer to home than either candidate for the major parties. And with two Republicans running this year, he may actually have a chance.

Campaign season is back, and this year, it will finally be worth paying attention to. Now, if I could only find my voters registration....

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.