Saturday, April 29, 2006

Draft Day

Today is the day of the NFL draft. I will have to admit to being a true football nut, because I do love this day. I will be planting myself in front of the tv and plan to watch every minute. Of course, my main interest is in what my beloved Cowboys are doing. Last year, the Cowboys had a great draft, and I hope for an equally good one this year.

Houston has already started the festivities in a strange way. They have bypassed both Reggie Bush and Vince Young, and have signed a defensive end. I'm sure he's a very good player, but I don't think I could have passed on both Bush and Young. I believe them to be the two best players in this year's draft.


11:35am - Well, that didn't take long. The New Orleans Saints took Reggie Bush with the second pick, and the Tennessee Titans took Vince Young with the third pick. Houston will regret not taking one of these two players.


2:05pm - The Cowboys have made their first pick. With the 18th pick of the draft, they selected Ohio State outside linebacker, Bobby Carpenter. He stands 6' 2" and weighs 256 pounds. This should help that left side of the Cowboy defense.


5:35pm - Cowboys just traded pick #49 for picks #53, #186 & #211. Looks like Parcells is going for quantity.


6:00pm - For the 53rd pick, the Cowboys have chosen Notre Dame tight end, Anthony Fasano [6' 4" and 259 pounds]. Don't know why we needed another tight end, but some scouts are comparing him to Mark Bavaro. I think I would be happy if he was just nearly that good.


6:45pm - Jerry Jones just had a press conference and explained why the Cowboys drafted another tight end. He said they were trying to go to a two tight end, two wide receiver, single back offense. Very interesting!


7:50pm - The Cowboys had the 80th pick, but they just traded it for the 92nd and the 125th. The 92nd pick will be the last Cowboy pick tonight.


8:40pm - The 92nd pick of the night was the Cowboys choosing Jason Hatcher, a defensive end from Grambling State [6' 6" and 290 lbs].

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.