Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tuesday Idiot Blogging

Usually I dedicate my Tuesday posts to the idiots that I have the joys of dealing with at work, but today I figured that I should share one of my own moments of idiocy. So here goes:

Last September, my father was shot in the stomach by a carjacker. No one in the family knew that it happened until he was already out of surgery, so the first thing we heard from the nurses was that he would make a full recovery. We considered ourselves lucky that not even one moment did we have to wonder if he would survive.

A couple of days later, when my father was finally awake and talking, the doctor who performed his surgery came by his room to check up on him. He told us that he had been a doctor in the Army for about twenty years, and had seen all kinds of bullet wounds. He explained to us, in no uncertain terms, that there was no better place in the stomach to get shot. In other words, half an inch in any direction would have been a major problem to survive or recover from.

Upon hearing this, I turned to my dad and said,"Damn, Dad, you really dodged a bullet!"

Yes, I immediately realized my fuck up and promptly smacked myself in the head. I have a feeling that my family will never let me live that one down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.