Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Angriest Cities In Texas

I've known that I'm an angry person, but it looks like I have plenty of company. Men's Health magazine has assembled a list of the "angriest cities" in America. Considering the internet name I have chosen to use, how could I ignore a list of angry cities? According to the magazine, the three angriest cities in America are:

1. Orlando, Florida
2. St. Petersburg, Florida
3. Detroit, Michigan

In compiling this list, the magazine used factors such as percentage of men with high blood pressure, FBI rates of aggravated assaults, traffic congestion, number of speeding tickets issued, and workplace deaths from assaults and other violence. Texas may not be in the top three, but it placed several cities in the top 100. Here are the rankings for the Texas cities [the higher the ranking - the angrier the city]:

16. Dallas
17. Houston
29. Fort Worth
31. Lubbock
35. Arlington
60. San Antonio
81. Austin
92. El Paso
97. Corpus Christi

Well, the top three are no surprise. I think we all would have expected Dallas, Houston, and Fort Worth to be the leaders, but what's up with Lubbock? Is Lubbock really the 31st angriest city in the United States? I would have thought all the other Texas cities listed would have been ranked higher than Lubbock. I guess you just never know.

Maybe you folks in Austin, El Paso, & Corpus Christi can teach the rest of us how to "chill out".

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Lubbock seemed like such a laid-back place in the late 70s'.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.