Sunday, August 06, 2006

David Pillow [HD-94] Opposes Trans-Texas Corridor

This blog has supported David Pillow since the Democratic Convention a couple of months ago. David is running for the vacant seat in Texas House District #94. This seat is vacant because Kent Grusendorf was defeated in the Republican primary this year.

Recently, the Trans-Texas Corridor has become probably the biggest news in the election so far. When it did, I realized that I did not know where David Pillow stood on this vital issue. I e-mailed David's campaign, and asked him to give his position on the TTC.

It turns out that David Pillow is adamantly opposed to the building of the Trans-Texas Corridor. This is what he had to say, "I think it is an excellent example of the failure of our government to fully and fairly represent the 'People's' interest. This project is cloaked in secrecy and fraught with what seems to be insider deals. None of which serves the public interest. This is a bad deal for Texans."

I believe this issue could be the main issue in the coming campaign, as opposition to the TTC continues to grow in all parts of Texas. I'm happy to see future representative Pillow siding with the people of Texas on this issue.

David is also campaigning on other issues. He is especially interested in the education of our children, making taxes fairer for all Texans, reducing pollution & protecting the enviornment, and providing affordable health insurance. Capitol Annex did an excellent interview with David a few days ago, and I urge you to read it if you live in HD-94. I think you'll find that David Pillow is a candidate you can be proud to support.


NOTE - I also e-mailed the Democratic candidate in HD-99, Sheila Ford, to find out her position on the Trans-Texas Corridor. It has been nearly two weeks and she has not replied. I cannot find anything about the TTC on her website. Surely she is not in favor of this boondoggle. I urge Ms. Ford make her position on the TTC known. This could be a good opportunity for her, since her opponent voted FOR the TTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.