Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Perry Delays Toll-Taking On Texas 121

Is Rick Perry starting to run a little scared in this election? Yesterday, he announced that the toll-taking that was supposed to start friday on the northern part of Texas 121, would be delayed until at least this winter. Perry told a crowd at the official opening ceremony of the toll road, "Today, I've got good news for you. State highway 121 will continue to be toll-free throughout the Fall. That deadline has been extended as the state thoroughly tests the equipment....and to be absolutely sure the equipment has no bugs."

Now, to my knowledge, there has been no problem with the technology or the equipment. I think that with his numbers hovering in the low 30's in most polls, Perry realized that he cannot afford for a toll road to open two months before an election, especially one that has been as unpopular as this one. I'm really surprised that he let it get this close to the election before he delayed it. Maybe he has only recently come to believe that he is in trouble.

Of course, Perry is saying he had nothing to do with it. He said it was purely a TxDOT decision. I don't believe it. Do you?

2 comments:

  1. I call bullshit. And I offer you this post on BOR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dedicated many months of my time to prepare a report of sorts on the DRP. What I have discovered is that the entire fate of Texas is connected to the Surcharge Program. This is because the money from the Unconstitutional program is earmarked for the Tran-Texas Corridor, which is a strategic segment of what is to become a Super Corridor that spans the entire North American Continent.

    The state is suspending people's license over not paying an excessive surcharge fee that is in addition to what you agree to in court. What's more is the money is going to pay for the Corridor projects, without consent or knowledge or the People or Congress! I believe that spreading the word would enable individuals to better deal with the negative effects that the TX DRP has had on their lives, as well as have a say in their own future.

    TX DRP Surcharge Petition
    www.petitiononline.com/TXDRP07/petition.html

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.