Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Apology

Yesterday, I quoted from and linked to Liz Smith's column in which she stated that Ann Richards would have supported Kinky. I should not have done so. At the time, I thought she would not have said something like that unless she had talked with Ann about the race before she died. Today I learn that was not the case.

This is what Liz Smith now says, "I've heard from Ann's family, and they assured me that she'd be with the Democrat no matter what. I stand rebuked. I should never have attempted to speak for Ann. I've caused pain to her family, and I'm sorry. I just tried to draw a parallel between Ann and Kinky, the way they use humor and one-liners to make their point."

I apologize to Ann Richard's family, to Democrats and to my readers. I screwed up. While many may disagree with my opinions, I have always tried to keep the facts straight. Today I am embarrassed. I will try to do better in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Don't fault yourself. Liz Smith was Ann's friend, and you wouldn't think she would have just pulled such a statement out of her ass.

    Now, maybe you could suggest that your truth-talking candidate take the false claim off the front page of his website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I don't normally respond to anonymous comments, I want to thank you for your kind comment. I assure you, if I had any control over Kinky's web site, the article would be pulled. I hope he does so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. though we're are on opposite sides at the top of the ticket, I still love you to death. It says a lot about you to retract something erroneous, even when no one is callin you on it. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mcblogger -

    Thanks a lot. I try to keep things honest and above-board over here. When I look in the mirror each morning, I want to like the guy looking back.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.