Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Radnofsky Will Fight For Ordinary Texans

If we believe the polls, the Republicans are poised to sweep all of the state-wide races in the coming election, including the race for the United States Senate. Maybe they will, but I'm having a little trouble accepting that. I watched the senate race debate, and I honestly don't see how anyone that watched that debate could vote for our current senator.

The Republican candidate has done nothing but shill for the current incompetent in the White House. She supported the invasion of Iraq, and still supports the war, even though she admits now that we shouldn't have done it. She also supported the Republican efforts to destroy social security.

Although she claims to be a moderate, she votes with the ultra-right over 90% of the time. She has even broken her own campaign promises. She is now running for a third term, even though she promised six years ago that she would not. She is truly an embarrassment to Texas.

But not everyone believes the polls. Barbara Ann Radnofsky, the Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate, certainly doesn't. With her hard campaigning, and a little bit of the coming Democratic wave, Texas could send a senator to Washington that we all could be proud of. I still believe it can happen!

I have reprinted the latest press release from Barbara Ann Radnofsky below. Read it, and see if you don't think she's by far the best candidate.




October 30, 2006

I’m a mother of three, wife, volunteer teacher, mediator, and practicing lawyer for twenty-seven years. I’m a professional problem solver who knows how to represent people, how to fight for people, and how to bring people together.

In my more than 560 trips across the state, Texans have repeatedly said that they want a senator who they can trust, who will stop wasting our taxpayer dollars, who will honor our promises to the brave men and women who have served our country, who will eliminate the alternate minimum tax that is hurting the middle class, and who will advocate for Texas farmers and ranchers and bring home the agricultural relief they need.

For three years I have advocated education and insurance reforms which will reduce waste, save billions, avoid disease, and lower taxes. Health care reform will ensure our ability to respond to bio-terror attacks. I am the daughter and granddaughter of injured veterans, and we need a G.I. Bill of Rights for the 21st Century.

I received an "A" rating by the NRA and will fight to protect the Constitution and the Second Amendment.

My opponent refuses to pledge to serve out her six-year term in the senate if elected. She has given every indication that she will cut and run from her senate service. The senior senator from Texas believes perjury is a mere technicality, she will not take a stand on outlawing horse slaughter for human consumption, a cause every Texan understands. She has proven over her thirteen years in the senate that she is a liberal spender, and she has voted to rubberstamp failed Bush Administration policies 95.6% of the time.

Under my opponent's 13-year senate career, Texas ranks first in uninsured children, first in high school dropouts and 41st in federal funding. The agricultural relief bill has been delayed for two years. The problems that Texas and our nation face can be solved, but we need a leader in the senate who has a track record of solving problems.

My opponent believes that we cannot even think about leaving Iraq until the country is stabilized. Our presence is destabilizing Iraq. We must set a timetable and withdraw. My opponent is promising perpetual war.

I bring my experience as a problem solver to the race for the U.S. Senate. I have made over 560 trips across Texas in the last two and a half years, and have promoted my message of honesty, of credibility, and of bringing effective representation to Texans in the U.S. Senate. Please visit www.radnofskyvideo.com, and see the issues chart for more details on my positions and proposals at www.radnofsky.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.