Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Eye

Today, at work, I was in the restroom that we share with several other businesses. I'm in the last stall doing (and minding my own) business when I notice a blue eyeball, no more than 3 feet high, staring at me through the crack in the stall door. A kid's voice then shouted, "Hi!"

Now this isn't something that happens to me every day, so I was at a loss for words. Apparently, the expression on my face told the kid that I did not hear him so he tried again, only much louder this time, "HI!"

Yep. He wasn't planning on leaving any time soon.

Then, from the stall next to me came a woman's voice, "Oh...my...God! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!" I assume this voice belonged to someone who must be obeyed, cause the eyeball disappeared in about a nanosecond. I heard the door open and close and suddenly I was able to breathe again.

After finishing up and washing my hands, I step out of the bathroom and who do I meet? My new blue-eyed toddler friend. He stood there looking up at me and decided to give it one more try.

"Hi!"

This time I returned the greeting.

Here's to hoping your holiday weekend didn't start out as wierd as mine did.

I wish you all a happy, peek-a-boo free Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.