Do you like the current license plate the state of Texas is using? If you don't, this week is your chance to vote on changing it. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is letting Texans vote for this week only on what they would like their new license plate to look like.
The new plates will start being issued in 2009. If you'd like to vote, you can do so at http://www.txdot.gov/. There are four choices of new plates and the current plate to choose from. The choices are:
- NEW TEXAS. This red, white and blue plate features a composite of skylines from several Texas cities at the bottom and the word "Texas" in black script at the top.
- TRADITIONAL TEXAS. This plate features blue highlights and a stark, white background with a gold Texas star at the bottom and a bold, red "Texas" in capital letters at the top.
- LONE STAR TEXAS. A white star stands out in the top left corner along with wide brushes of red and blue against a large Texas sky. A low-lying mountain range runs along the bottom.
- NATURAL TEXAS. The plate is covered with wildflowers.
- MY TEXAS. The current plate that is being used.